Seven-layer dip is a football snack favorite.
We asked our nutrition team to create this lighter version of seven-layer dip, that is heavy on fresh veggies, and uses nonfat re-fried beans and low-fat yogurt instead of sour cream. As a lifelong connoisseur of seven-layer dip, I can attest to its tastiness.
Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 10 servings
2 medium ripe avocados
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 dash ground black pepper
8 oz low-fat plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp. all-natural taco seasoning, (see my blog for taco seasoning recipe)
1 (15-oz) can nonfat refried beans, warm
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 bunch green onions, ends trimmed, sliced thin
2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar (or pepper jack) cheese (½ oz)
1. Mash avocados in a medium bowl.
2. Add lime juice, salt, and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
3. Combine yogurt and taco seasoning in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Top serving platter with beans, avocado mixture, yogurt mixture, tomatoes, peppers, green onions, and cheese.
5. Serve with baked tortilla chips.