"What is easy to do is also easy not to do." To do or not to do is the question? Every day I make the choice to press play and complete my workout. I feel full of energy and a sense of accomplishment when my workout is done for the day. I am excited to be on this journey of fitness and hope to bring you along with me. I look forward to seeing all of your fitness, wellness, and life dreams come true. Join me in the journey!
I have always had an interest in my fitness, and have been going to the gym for many years either to walk or to take a class. The gym that we were members at was about 35 minutes from home so we would only go 1-2 times per week. I knew I should be working out more consistently than that so I began using Beachbody products to have daily workouts. There were so many to choose from and something was always coming out that I enjoyed...10 Minute Trainer, Hip Hop Abs, Brazil Butt Lift, Body Beast, T25, to 21 Day Fix. Each program proved to be challenging for me and allowed me to see results. The key to getting results was ME! I knew that I had to be consistent every day. I was tired of having a muffin top from my three c-sections. My daughter used to ask me why my stomach looked "that way"... the roll at the top of my scar. "Silly girl, it is because of you!" Well, enough was enough, I decided that I was going to work hard to get rid of my tummy. My results are below so you can see that our programs work if you work them...
You can achieve your goals as well. If you are needing to lose weight or just want to tighten and tone, our programs will work for you. We have challenge groups in place to assist you with your fitness & wellness goals. If you are not sure what challenge groups are or how they work, that is ok. ...... Just go to https://www.facebook.com/kristicarringtonfitforlife or email me for more information at email@example.com. I am here to help you!
Friday, July 8, 2016
21 Day Fix Veggie Lasagne
Cheesy, filling, and packed with veggies, this vegetarian lasagna is the real deal. It’s bursting with fresh flavors from herbs and three different kinds of cheese, and it’s sure to please adults and children alike. The casserole makes 12 servings! It’s perfect for meal prep, or freeze leftovers in individual portions and reheat for an easy dinner when there’s no time to cook.
Total Time: 2 hrs. 7 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 1 hr. 47 min.
Yield: 12 servings
1 lb. dry whole grain lasagna pasta
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium carrot, shredded
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3 cups + 2 Tbsp. tomato sauce, no sugar added, divided use
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Cook pasta in water according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
4. Add onion, bell pepper, and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
5. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
6. Add 3 cups tomato sauce and basil. Season with salt and pepper if desired; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
7. Combine spinach and ricotta cheese in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
8. Combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
9. Lightly coat a 4-quart (or 13 x 9-inch) rectangular baking dish with spray; place remaining 2 Tbsp. tomato sauce in the bottom. Top with a layer of pasta, one fourth vegetable mixture, one third spinach mixture, and one fourth cheese mixture. Repeat twice. Top with pasta, vegetable mixture, and cheese mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
10. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
11. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
• No-boil lasagna pasta is available in many markets, and can make preparation really easy.
• Add ½ cup water with 3 cups tomato sauce if using no-boil pasta.
Container Equivalents: 1/2 Green, 1 1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Purple, 1/2 Blue