Craving cheese, but don’t want to wreck your diet? Bursting with a rainbow of vegetables and oozing with melted cheese, this roasted veggie quesadilla is just the ticket.
Grilled Veggie Quesadilla
Recipe type: Lunch/Dinner
Serves: 4 servings
½ medium red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and discarded, cut into four pieces
1 medium Portobello mushroom, cut into ½-inch slices
½ medium onion, cut into ½-inch slices
1 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch slices
1 medium summer squash, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch slices
2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
4 tsp. prepared pesto sauce
4 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
4 Tbsp. soft goat cheese (2 oz.)
- Preheat grill or broiler to high.
- Brush bell pepper, mushroom, onion, zucchini, and summer squash with 1 tsp. oil.
- Grill or broil vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until tender. Set aside.
- Heat ½ tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place two tortillas in skillet; cook, turning once, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top each tortilla with 1 tsp. pesto sauce, 1 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese, 1 Tbsp. goat cheese, and ¼ of grilled vegetables.
- Fold tortilla in half; cook, for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients; cook in remaining ½ tsp. oil.