Potpie is a family favorite for us. My daughter is used to my high sodium unhealthy recipe. I switched it up, and made a healthy version. It was delish! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can mixed vegetables drained
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. minced onion
3/4 tsp. thyme or basil
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
2 whole wheat pie crusts
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cook chicken and cut into cubes.
- Place chicken, chicken broth, drained mixed vegetables, and seasonings in pan & bring to a boil.
- Add milk
- Slowly sprinkle flour into the pan, stirring constantly. It will thicken as you do this.
- Spray non-stick olive oil spray in pan. Press one pie crust into an 8x8 pan.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Top with second pie crust, cut slits in top of crust.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min. or until golden brown.