How to Avoid the Bloat:There are times when we can’t avoid a bit of bloating, especially for women, but at every other time of the month, we do have a choice.
- Avoiding alcohol can make the difference between a flat tummy and the morning-after belly.
- Food that’s high in sodium, like chips, pretzels, soy sauce, prepackaged soups, and pizza, can make us retain water and never want to take our sarongs off.
- Eating large portions of food, as opposed to small meals throughout the day, can also make our waistline look bigger. Try eating three healthy meals and three healthy snacks per day to properly fuel your body. You should be eating every two hours.
- If you’re going to strut your stuff down the beach, try eating a bunch of meals consisting of lean protein, fruits, and vegetables, no larger than the size of your fist. It’s the perfect size for your body to assimilate without overwhelming your stomach. Examples of healthy snacks would be almonds, salt free or sea salt peanuts, sunflower seeds, hard boiled eggs, apples w/healthy peanut butter or almond butter, oranges, berries, celery, or carrots.
- Be sure you are maintaining a daily workout at least 3-5 days per week.